March Review

March 31, 2012

Oh, my goodness. It's March 31st! The end of the month kind of snuck up on me. Anyway, it's time for my review for the month. I didn't get much reading done this month with so much stuff going on , but I did get some in.

The first book of the month was Blood Red Road by Moira Young. The story I thought was really good, think Mad Max, but with a girl. It is a futuristic/dystopian book. I would say yes, awesome book, but I can't because the lack of proper punctuations and horrible spelling (that was done intentionally) drove me batty. I'm on the fence with this book.








Up next was Article 5 by Kristen Simmons. This was another dystopian read. There was no explanation of how things got to where they were at. There was no character build up. The big shocker at the end, wasn't that surprising at all. And the blatant liberal push in the book made me dislike it. The severity of the religion in this book is that of Muslim, but the author slapped it into what is Bible based. There was no mention of Christianity however. It's not to read.






The Red Tent by Anita Diamnt was third up this month. I didn't see what the big fuss was over. This is the supposed story of Dinah, the only daughter of Jacob from the book of Genesis. I knew the story from studying it and so going into this book, this story just bugged me. It altered everything that is known and made all the characters bitter, unforgiving. There was nothing redeeming about anyone in this book. Not to read.







The last book I was able to finish this month was Oogy: The Dog Only a Family Could Love by Larry Levin. It was such a sweet story! Oogy was rescued as a puppy from the brink of death by some cops who took him to a 24 hour animal ER. Oogy, as a puppy had been used as a bait dog to train other dogs how to kill for fighting. The people of the emergency clinic helped Oogy and he was able to find a home with the author and his family. The love for Oogy this family has and the love Oogy has for his family is heart warming. You can't help but go, Awww! It's to read!





March has not been a good month for me book wise. Only 1 1/2 books I liked out of 4! I'm now up to 14 books for the year with 61 more to go. Averaged out that is only 7.6 books a month for the next 8 months! :-)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a word, leave a line, I would love to hear what you have to say.

Latest Instagrams

© The Shelf Life. Design by FCD.