The Serpent's Shadow

May 16, 2012

I finished The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan a couple of nights ago. It's the third and final book in the Kane Chronicles. Since this is also a new book, I will try to keep the spoilers out of the post.

It was a very good read I will say. However, I should have read the first two books in the series to refresh my memory. These books have been spaced out to almost one a year for the last three years. So, it was a little difficult to remember the back ground and stories from the previous two books. I do like how Rick Riordan weaves his story with the ancient Egyptian myths of the gods into this series. There was quite a bit of mythology I had forgotten since I had studied this era. I loved how he was able to make it more understandable and fun for kids today.

As I said, this is the last of the series for the Kane Chronicles...that is the feeling I got at least from the ending, however, I don't think it is is the end of the Kane kids with the references he made to his other series Percy Jackson, vaguely at the end.

Since the first book, the siblings have grown and matured like a regular kids. Carter and Sadie Kane seem like normal siblings with their bickering and jabs toward each other, but not in a malice way. And the way that the book is presented (like the previous two), as a transcript by the siblings, make it seem a little more real to the reader and a little more fun.

I say that this is a to read. I enjoyed it, especially with the mythology base to it.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a word, leave a line, I would love to hear what you have to say.

Latest Instagrams

© The Shelf Life. Design by FCD.