Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

June 11, 2012

It's slowed down in new books for me for a little while, so I decided to dive into a series that I love. I had only read this series for the first time 4 years ago. I hadn't known much about them. I had heard about them for a few years and craze that surrounded them, but I wasn't tempted to read them, till not long ago.

I was sick and there was nothing else on, so I watched a Harry Potter Weekend on TV, then I watched...it was the Order of the Phoenix on HBO. I was very intrigued by this point and borrowed the books form a friend and I haven't stopped reading them since. I think that this is my 5th re-read.

I just finished Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone last night by J.K. Rowling. Each time that I have read these books, it amazes me how much detail Ms. Rowling put into her books. Her imagination is wonderful! I just noticed this time around a little fact in the beginning of this book becomes important in the third book. It's always fun to discover something new on a re-read.

As I said, her imagination is wonderful. The creativity that flows is so mesmerizing. It's written in such a way that the creativity flows together with normal that is is a fluid transition and it doesn't leave you going, that can't happen. That doesn't make since, instead you could think, well, why can't that happen to me?!

This is the quickest read for me out of the series. It is pretty short compared to the rest of the series, but it is a good read! To read! I'm not going into to much detail since it's been out for so long and so much has already been said about it.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a word, leave a line, I would love to hear what you have to say.

Latest Instagrams

© The Shelf Life. Design by FCD.