Breaking Dawn

October 29, 2012

I figured with Halloween right around the corner, I should read a horror story and boy did I pick one! I kid, kind of. I finished reading the Twilight Saga with Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer. I also figured it would be a good time to read it with the movie coming out in a few weeks. (Don't judge! It's become like a tradition to see these films in theater.)

I don't know where to begin with this book.
1. Selfishness
2. Manipulation
3. Lying
4. Scheming
5. Half vampire birth scene
6. A huge bomb of an ending

I could go on. This book was a huge disappointment when I first read it years ago and it has stayed a disappointment. There are huge build ups for several things in this book, but nothing happens! Stephenie Meyer has too much of a connection to her characters. They don't really suffer. I was hoping for a huge knock down drag out, I was ready to cry, fight scene where characters would die, but no! Nothing. I was mad. I'm actually kind of hoping that movie strays drastically and the commercials prove true to there being a fight scene. If that is the case, the movie will have been better then the book.

All the points I've pointed out above are basically the same issues I had with the first three books.Vampires are supposed to older and smart, these do not. They are just immature and selfish. It's the same rant, so I will keep this short. Love is not selfish or manipulative, but yet, that is what the book pushes. It's annoying.

Bella is the worst role model out there and I pray that girls out there don't dream of being Bella. She is an idiot. She is selfish and only dreams of codependency. Not to read!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a word, leave a line, I would love to hear what you have to say.

Latest Instagrams

© The Shelf Life. Design by FCD.