Love Saves the Day

January 25, 2013

I've been looking forward to Love Saves the Day by Gwen Cooper since I first heard about it on Facebook. Gwen Cooper is the author who wrote Homer's Odyssey: A Fearless Feline Tale. I just loved Homer and couldn't wait to read this tale of Prudence. Love Saves the Day is a novel, not a biography like Homer.

I really enjoyed reading this. It's main perspective is from the cat Prudence, who's life is just thrown upside down when her person, Sarah, doesn't come home one day. Instead, Sarah's daughter Laura shows up with her husband Josh. They pack up Sarah's things and Prudence and head to their apartment in a another part of New York. To fill in the gaps that Prudence doesn't know, we are able to see things through Sarah's eyes in the past and Laura's.

It is a really touching story, not just about it being about a cat, but about growing up, learning, moving on from hurt in the past. It was also a tear filled story for me in parts. I'm still a little emotional from having put down one of my rescue kittens, Sadie a week ago. She had an injury to her cerebellum in her brain and nothing could be done. So, there were two parts in the story that just had me bawling, hoping for the best. Even with the crying, I did enjoy Love Saves the Day, to read!

I also wanted to say, that I admire the author and her work with disabled cats. All animals need love and I think it is wonderful how Ms. Cooper does her best to help these cats.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a word, leave a line, I would love to hear what you have to say.

Latest Instagrams

© The Shelf Life. Design by FCD.