Super Six Sunday: Book to Movie (The Best)

September 15, 2013


Super Six Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Bewitched Bookworms. It was inspired by Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week features a book related topic for you to highlight your Super Six.

Super Six Book to Movie Adaptations

I decided to focus this week on my favorite adaptions. Either the movie was pretty close to the book or...I liked the movie more.

1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
I will admit, it has been a struggle to get through Austen's work, but I love the movies. I loved this Pride & Prejudice and how it brought the country side into everything.

2. Les Miserable by Victor Hugo
I haven't finished Les Miserables, I will admit. I loved the recent movie. The music is was phenomenal!

3. Breaking Dawn (Part 2) by Stephanie Meyer
I wanted to throw this book against the wall. There was no battle!!! We had a build up for nothing!! NOTHING!!! The movie gave me my battle. I read spoilers, so I knew it was coming, sadly my friend who went with me did not. It was great to hear her gasp! I was giddy!

4. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Yes, a few things were changed, but the movie stuck pretty close to the book. I loved all the behind the games shots we saw in the movie. Fantastic! They pulled off the games I thought well. They could have gone over board with the violence, but they tamed it down well.

5. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
I grew up watching Gone with the Wind. It wasn't until a few years ago did I read the book. I was shocked at how much the movie left out, but I was glad that the movie softened the characters, compared to the book. They are both good in my mind.

6. The Killer Angels (Ghettysburg) by Michael Shaara
The Killer Angels goes back to my college American History class (think when Blockbuster was thriving and VHS's were the only thing around). I held on to the book after I was finished with my class. I really liked it. However, some weeks were hard in getting all my reading in...low and behold, I discovered Gettysburg. It follows so close to the book, it was wonderful. I could watch the movie the night before my tests and be good. The story is great, too.

What are your favorite book to movie adaptations? Or, which ones have you seen last?

5 comments

  1. I love Pride and Prejudice too, although I prefer the BBC adaptation. Great list! My Super Six

    ReplyDelete
  2. The HUnger Games is the only 1 you mentioned that I've both read the book and watched the movie adaptation - and I really liked it. The book was better in my opinion, but I really enjoyed seeing everything reimagined on the screen.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, From what I've seen, it's usually one or the other. :-)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanya, Completely agree! The book was better. :-) It did play out well on the screen, and that made me happy. All the little extras that were in the story were good.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Hunger Games, Breaking Dawn Part 2 were on my list... I've seen Les Mis performed live and I've read it back in college in french, but I still haven't watched the movie. Gettsyburg looks familiar, but I can't remember if I've seen it or not.

    Thanks for posting your picks, Kate!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a word, leave a line, I would love to hear what you have to say.

Latest Instagrams

© The Shelf Life. Design by FCD.