Super Six Sunday: Fav Books From Childhood

September 1, 2013


Super Six Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by the ladies over at Bewitched Bookworms. It was inspired by Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week features a fun book related topic to help you highlight your Super Six...some weeks are easy and some are hard, but the topics are fun to think about.

Topic:
Super 6 Books I Loved As A Kid!

I love kid books! This post will be similar to my Kid Favorite Friday posts, but this one will specifically focus on my top six. Mind you, my reading really didn't start until about 6th grade after I had got a lot of one-on-one help with reading to help my dyslexia.

1. Little Town on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
I love the Little House series as a whole, but I liked Little Town on the Prairie the most. Things started to settle down from here on out and I liked Laura more as she got older.

2. Little Women by Lousia May Alcott
This was one of the first books my grandpa bought for me and it holds a special place in my heart because of it. The first time I read it in 6th grade, it took me two months to get through.

3. Mara Daughter of the Nile by Eloise Jarvis McGraw
Mara started off as a school book in my study of Egypt, but I ended up liking it a lot and it became a favorite.

4. Meet Molly: An American Girl by Valerie Tripp
 Oh, the American Girl Series. I remember when they first came out. They are great books to pass down.

5. Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
I remember reading this book one summer. Again, this one took me a little while, but it stuck with me. It's a kids classic.

6.Laura: The Life of Laura Ingalls Wilder by Donald Zochert
Laura was actually the first real biography I ever read.I wanted to learn more about Laura after finishing the Little House books. It was my jumping point into other kinds of biographies. I still have this one on my shelf.


What were your favorites as a kid?

4 comments

  1. Charlotte's Web is such a good story! I loved that one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma, Charlotte's Web is a good one for sure. So glad you loved it too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks, Kate - I used to watch Charlotte's Web ALL THE TIME (surprised our VHS tape still works!) and oh, my! I have such fond memories from those AG books. I think I own most all of them thanks to gifts and the like.

    Plus, who can NOT like the "Little House" books and of course, Little Women is a classic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rissi, I made sure I had a duel VCR/DVD. So many VHS' :-). And exactly! I don't know anyone who doesn't like Little House. They are apart of childhood.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a word, leave a line, I would love to hear what you have to say.

Latest Instagrams

© The Shelf Life. Design by FCD.