Top Ten Tuesday: Blogging Confessions

July 8, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week features a book related topic that offers you the opportunity to spotlight your Top Ten.

Topic:
Top Ten Blogging Confessions

This is an interesting topic. I know I have some quirks while reading, so this should be interesting.

1. I have more books then I can read at this time and I keep getting more. My TBR shelf that was built for me by my dad is now filled and over flowing. The floor is fast approaching as an option.

2. I lose bookmarks like nobody's business. I don't know how it happens, but I do, so because of that I have a huge hodgepodge collection of bookmarks stashed all over the place just in case I need them and different times.

3. I read Twilight and liked them for a time. Mind you I was going through a rough patch. I got out of it and I have moved on to better literature. Now when I think of the series, I can't help but point out all the flaws and I cringe. So many red flags! And I cringe when I see other books following Twilight as an example. There are some things that aren't romantic and should have the cops called on. I want to throw a book at the wall when I read things similar. And thankfully it's been a while. I just have to say...stalking isn't romantic or a sign of love, it is a sign of a deranged individual and it would be better to call the cops or keep your concealed weapon at the ready.

4. I always have a snack on hand when I type.It's usually some fun or weird candy...right now it's Nerds.

5. I have gotten better at reading the last couple of pages of a book when I start a new one. I still do it from time to time, but not for every book now. I was so bad there a few years ago. I liked knowing the beginning and the ending then seeing how things went from those two places.

6. I like my books to match. I have a series that I started buying in paperback, mass trade paperback. Well, the new one came out as a huge hardback. I got it, so I could continue the series. Kept it on the shelf with the rest till the paperback came out and replaced it. All nice and orderly now. I will repeat the processes till it is complete.

7. When I buy a book in the bookstore, I check the book over. If it has crinkles or anything I will grab another book. However, online, I scope out the slightly imperfect section for deals. I think is a money saving thing. I don't want to pay full price for a damaged book, but I don't mind stocking up on them when they are on sale.

8. Libraries are great, but if I like a book, I hate the thought of taking it back, so I don't check out books much. I will buy them. If I don't like them or have run out of room to keep them, I will either give them away or sell them.

9. I have several ending books to a trilogy/series waiting to be read, but I've yet to read them. The idea that it will be over is sad, so I drag it out. I also have a book, but yet to read it from a favorite author who passed away. I don't like the idea that that book will be the last one ever.

10. I think that I plan out my review books so well, only to find out that I end up with several books due at the same time. However, I don't mind that. I kind of enjoy the rush of trying to meet a deadline. I think that started when I was in college. I procrastinated a bit and got a rush out of the panic.

So, what are your confessions?

6 comments

  1. Sometimes when I love a series, the last thing I want to do is read the last book. Because then it's all over :(
    Great list!
    Cora @ Tea Party Princess

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahahaha! I can't stop laughing at #3. Totally stalker and weapons ready! I admit, I read them too and as the series went on, I keep thinking WHY AM I READING THIS? But I had to find out what happened. At least we all learned something from it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Twilight thoughts - stalking doesn't equal love, I agree. Guess, the fanbase doesn't know that... ;)

    You are not alone on that last one. *sigh* I do that ALL the time. In fact, I'm considering whether or not to sign up for a book now. Mostly, I'm telling myself to resist. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. +JMJ+

    My Twilight experience was completely the opposite of yours! I read the first novel back in 2007 (if I remember correctly) and wasn't very impressed; then I read New Moon and absolutely hated it. Then a couple of months ago, a friend said she was going to read the entire series for the first time, to give it a fair shake, and I decided to read along with her, starting with Eclipse. To my amazement, I really enjoyed it! Some parts still made me cringe, but on the whole, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be . . . and it got me to reread the first two books! LOL! And this time around, I liked them both a lot more! I was torn between reading Breaking Dawn and putting it off (because, like you, I don't want great series to end), but Twilight fever eventually won out. And now I'm an unapologetic, unabashed fan! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about twilight. I read it and got frustrated at the regular things - sentence structure, repetition etc. Now the actual content is thoroughly disturbing! Im not at all surprised that 50 shades sprang from the psychotic vampire. NOt that any vampire ever isnt psychotic!=)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally agree with the Twilight confession! I enjoyed them while reading, but now? Yeah, I look back and cringe myself.

    And you know, as much as I love libraries, I don't check out tons of books either. I do seem to end up buying them more often. It just never seems like the library has the one I want to read. And I don't want to have to wait! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a word, leave a line, I would love to hear what you have to say.

Latest Instagrams

© The Shelf Life. Design by FCD.