Top Ten Tuesday: The Classics

July 1, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a featured book related topic that offers you the opportunity to spotlight your Top Ten.


Topic:
Top Ten Favorite Classic Books or Top Ten Classics I Want To Read

I got my start in the reading world with classics. My grandpa always bought me a new one when I was a kid on our adventures to the bookstore. (He was the best grandpa ever!) As I read through the classics, some I enjoyed reading, while others I enjoyed the movie more. So, I decided to divide this post into the top Classics I like to read and the top Classics I like to watch.

To Read:
 Hamlet by William Shakespeare
Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
Little House on the Prairie Series by Laura Ingalls Wider
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S Lewis
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
Gone with the Wind by Margret Mitchell

 I loved the Puffin books! Those were the ones I went right to growing up.

Then there are classics that I've tried to read and just couldn't get into and I've found I've enjoyed the movie adaptation better. Then there are movies that have done well in adapting the story, it is just enjoyable to watch them over and over again. There are also classics I've yet to read, but have been introduced to through the movies.

Watched:
 Little Women
Pride & Prejudice
Emma
Les Miserables
Scrooge (Based on A Christmas Carol)
Gone with the Wind

These are the classics I just love and hope to pass the love on to the kiddo. It's so important to keep them around. I can't get enough of these.

2 comments

  1. Completely agree about Hamlet and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Love those books.
    I've also tried to read Les Mis (though it was a long time ago) and just couldn't get into it. That movie was incredible though.
    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list and that you added ones you've watched. I liked Les Miserables too!

    Our TTT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a word, leave a line, I would love to hear what you have to say.

Latest Instagrams

© The Shelf Life. Design by FCD.