Top Ten Tuesday: Other Kinds of Stories

July 15, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week features a book related topic that offers you the opportunity to spotlight your Top Ten.

Topic:
Top Ten Favorite Movies or TV Shows!

Ok, this is a topic that will show many of y'all how varying my taste is. I usually like to stick close to my favorite genre in reading, but when it comes to TV and movies, I'm all over the place. It depends on my mood.

I think I will break this down a bit. Categories featuring my favorite shows and movies in it. It's hard to pick just one for each.

Based on Books:
Gone with the Wind
Revenge
Pride & Prejudice
Game of Thrones
Once Upon A Time
Catching Fire
Les Miserables
Outlander
Granted Outlander isn't showing yet, but it's based on a favorite book, so I think I will enjoy it!

Musicals
 Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
The Producers
Mamma Mia
The Music Man

 Drama:
 Mixed with comedy at times
Criminal Minds
The Musketeers
Turn
Elementary
The Vampire Diaries
Downton Abbey
Doctor Who
Disney:
 The Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast
Mulan
Tangled
Saving Mr. Banks

Superheros:
Really it should just be titled Marvel comics.
 Captain America: The Winter Soldier 
X-Men
Thor: The Dark World
Iron Man 3
The Avengers


Well, there are just some of the categories of shows and movies I enjoy. There are so many other movies, but I figured I better keep it short.

What are your favorites?

12 comments

  1. Wow, what a great list! I love Once Upon a Time, The Vampire Diaries, Thor, The Avengers, Iron Man, The Little Mermaid etc. You have great taste! :)
    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really hard to choose right? :) I had a hard time too. I didn't know that REVENGE is based on a book. Is the book with the same title? Also, CATCHING FIRE was amazing! I don't know how many times I've already re-watched it. PRIDE AND PREJUDICE is on my list too :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Petra, Thanks! I love so many different shows and movies. They are fun to enjoy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Camille, There are a lot of great things out there to watch. Revenge is based on The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas. They just updated it to today. Pride and Prejudice is a go to movie for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Appreciate the Musicals love! Especially adore The Producers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much love on this list, Kate. The Musketeers, Mamma Mia!, Doctor Who, Downton Abbey, superheroes (*swoon*) and all around awesomeness! You'll have to let me know what you think of Outlander. I thought it looked really good, but having seen it airs on Starz has me leery about its content - I deal with a certain amount but when it comes down to it, graphic ridiculousness in EVERY episode grows wearying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sister made me watch Tangled. Couldn't help but love it!
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great list! I love how you broke them down into different categories. I really love Vampire Diaries and The Little Mermaid too : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melody, You can't go wrong with a musical. They are so much fun. :-) The Producers is so funny. I like it better then the original.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rissi, I will let you know and that is understandable. I've read all of the books, so I know what is going to happen. There is some in the book, but it's not in every chapter. So, I'm hoping the script sticks to the book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kero, Tangled is just fabulous! You can't help but sing along. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Elizabeth, Thanks. It was hard for me to narrow it down, so the categories helped me cheat. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a word, leave a line, I would love to hear what you have to say.

Latest Instagrams

© The Shelf Life. Design by FCD.