February Review

February 29, 2012

It's the last day of the month again, it's time to review what has been read this month. I ended up doing better then I thought I would. On the 20th or so, I had only read 2 books. I ended up with 4 read. I'm happy with that.

I finished up the Hunger Games series this month with Catching Fire and Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. Catching Fire, I think is my favorite in the series. A very enjoyable read. It's a continuation of the story of Katniss and the Romanesque, Hunger Games. It's the 75th year, a Quarter Quell, which means, a bigger and badder version of the usual Hunger Games. To read!







Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins, picks up almost immediately where Catching Fire has left off at. Katniss and a few other tributes have been pulled out of the Quarter Quell by the Rebels of District 13, long thought to have been killed off by a bombing raid by the Capitol. Katniss is desperate to rescue Peeta, who has been captured by the Capitol. A full uprising has started among all the districts. You watch Katniss, rise as the face of the Rebellion as the Mockingjay. This book is a to read, but it's not my favorite of the series.





Matched by Ally Condie, was a very enjoyable read for me. It centers around Cassia, a 17 year old girl, who is ready to be matched to her future contract (her future husband), only to find the one she was Matched with at a special banquet, did not end up being her match on the information she was given and it throws her for a loop trying to figure out who is her match and if the Society is perfect, how did they mess up here, and where else could they have messed up. The Society is in charge of everything. How much you are allowed to eat and what you can eat. It's a full on totalitarian government, that has full control over everyone. Right down to the day they die. I really enjoyed Matched and say it is a to read!







Crossed, the second book in the series by Ally Condie, was a little different then what I expected. This book is set in a smaller time frame then Matched. Cassia is on a search for Ky, the one that she loves. In this book, there is a shift in the character of Cassia, from the hunt of Ky, to wanting to join the rebellion against the Society. I'm very undecided about this read. It is a bridge book in my mind. I will need to read the third book to fully see how the placement of this book fits. So, I'm saying it's a Maybe.






As of right now, my book count for the year is 10, with 65 to read to reach my goal of 75. It's doable. :-)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a word, leave a line, I would love to hear what you have to say.

Latest Instagrams

© The Shelf Life. Design by FCD.