Insurgent

May 6, 2012

I finished Insurgent last night by Veronica Roth. I'm out of my reading funk! Yay! I read through this book in about 3 nights.

I have to say, I did enjoy Insurgent quite a bit. I think it was right on par with Divergent (A must read if you haven't read it all ready). I shall do my best to not spoil anything, since this is a new book.

Insurgent picks up right where Divergent left off. The story is all from Tris' point of view. Can I just say right now, how happy I am that there is not love triangle going on in these books. Tris is with Four/Tobias all throughout it. There is no pedestal that they put each other on. It's seems like a normal relationship between the two, with fighting included, and under the circumstances that they are in, that would be normal.

I was actually surprised at the twists in the book. One had me completely baffled and wanting this person hurt severely, especially after the weak excuse that was given by said person. The other left me wanting to know more and made me sad that it was the cliffhanger of the book. I'm ready to read the third installment now! This was not a cookie cutter story. Very fresh and enjoyable. And several of the characters in this story are actually complex and has me guessing about them and why they are the way they are.

Through out Insurgent, you finally get to see a little more detail to the rest of the factions in this area where Tris lives. In Divergent, you get to see where Beatrice/Tris grew up and then the faction she chose. You also are able to get a more in-depth knowledge of Tobias and more of his back story.

It has been pointed out on a few boards about some of the inaccuracies in the book (the hard back copies at least, the e-readers don't seem to have them), I did notice them, but when you're really into the story, it would be easy to skip over them. Ms. Roth actually talks about these on her blog, which I thought was really neat and explained what happened. If you want to read for yourself, here is the link... http://veronicarothbooks.blogspot.com/2012/05/errors-why-they-happen-how-to-better.html
It gave some pretty neat insight into the writing of Insurgent.

I enjoyed Insurgent and say it is a to read! I'm looking forward the the next installment and to finally have some answers. 


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a word, leave a line, I would love to hear what you have to say.

Latest Instagrams

© The Shelf Life. Design by FCD.