Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

July 18, 2012


I read through Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling pretty quickly, which is surprising since I'm dealing with double pinkeye. Reading is that important!

I'll tell you, as I keep going through this series, so much stands out now. When I first read this book. I hated Snape so much. He was as evil as Harry kept saying he was. Nothing redeemed him in this book. He dug is grave...or so I thought.

He did the unthinkable. He killed a character that I didn't think could be killed. He killed Dumbledore! He killed the Obi Wan of this series! Dumbledore, the one who seemed to know everything. The one who was guiding Harry. I knew it was going to happen years ago when I first read it, but I didn't know how. I didn't know what to expect or how it was going to happen, but I honestly didn't think Snape would do it.

However, like the rest of the books, this wasn't the end. It only plays a part that leads you to the end!

Since the first book, I have to say, that this had to be Harry's second, semi-normal year at school. He goes through his classes with out much indecent. He has friends and isn't shunned. Although, his friends start to come apart as teenage love comes between them. Ron has his first girlfriend, Hermione is angry and Harry is caught in the middle. Then Harry starts to see he has feelings for Ron's sister Ginny and he has an internal battle over fallowing his heart or alienating his best friend. Harry is also moving forward in is studies. He finds out Snape is no longer teaching potions. He and Ron are not prepared for the class and are offered old school books. Harry finds that his book belonged to The Half Blood Prince, who was a potions genius, which in turn, to Hermione's annoyance, makes Harry one too.

Through all of the personal struggles in the back ground with reports in the paper, people are missing and dying. The Death Eaters are behind it. Harry suspects Draco as a Death Eater and strange incidents start to happen at school. Two people are poisoned and cursed, but it wasn't as bad as in the past and things keep going along at school.

Then we finally learn about how Voldemort was able to come back. He has split his soul into pieces by killing people to make Horcruxes. We find Dumbledore has been leaving school in search for them and has been finding away to destroy them. one we know about, the diary from Chamber of Secrets. It was the first one found, unknowingly and destroyed. We learn that Dumbledore has found another and has destroyed it, but in the process has injured himself. Dumbledore has also decided to teach Harry, all that he has learned of Voldemort and set him on the path to find the rest of the Horcruxes.

There is a lot of things that goes on this story. To read!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a word, leave a line, I would love to hear what you have to say.

Latest Instagrams

© The Shelf Life. Design by FCD.