The Last Temple

September 8, 2012

I finished The Last Temple by Hank Henegraaff and Sigmund Brouwer pretty quickly. I went out to buy it as soon as I finished The Last Sacrifice.

This was a very good book. It doesn't end with the death of Nero. This book takes you all the way to the fall of the Temple of Jerusalem. I haven't read much during this time of history before now. This was a brutal time for anyone, Jews and Christians mostly.

The Last Temple came out sometime this year. It's been a few years in between books and I'm glad I found this series after they were all out. I was sucked into this story of Vitas and his family, friends, and enemies.

There is a lot of time covered in this book, three years. There is also a few shocks in the beginning of the book that left me scratching my head. I couldn't believe that the authors did that! I thought there could have been more with that plot then to wipe it out of the book, I stuck with it, and it all came together in the end.

The fall of Jerusalem to Rome was a bloody and brutal event. The historical evidence of it all is very depressing and chilling with what all Jesus had predicted would happen. People still didn't believe even though they heard what Jesus said and saw it come to pass. The way that the authors presented Revelation as well was interesting. Seeing it as how people might have seen it if Revelation was written before 70 A.D.

This was a very gripping series. It's not written with fluff. There is some humor, but it is also a bit dark and grisly. It's a to read!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a word, leave a line, I would love to hear what you have to say.

Latest Instagrams

© The Shelf Life. Design by FCD.