Reached

December 1, 2012

I did it, I finished Reached by Ally Condie before the 1st! Anyway, this is the 3rd and final book in the Matched Trilogy.

Matched was a very good book. I was hooked from the beginning. The concept was fresh and fun and it made you thing. Crossed, the 2nd book in the trilogy, it left me scratching my head, it didn't go anywhere. The first book set up everything beautifully, only to have it go into a bridge book with Crossed.

Now Reached, left me underwhelmed. I was a little disappointed in this book. We start off with the a plague that is spreading in the Society, then the Rising comes out of nowhere and it's a smooth take over. Ok, that was it? That was nothing.Then a mutation of the plague happens and everyone is thrown into a tail spin. No one knows what to do and very few are immunized. All of a sudden, the Pilot (leader of the Rising) finds our young heroes, Ky, Cassia, and Xander. Three young people, but yet, they hold the key or the knowledge if you must to solving this pandemic that no one could have prepared for!! (Please note sarcasm.)

This book started off slow and when the answers from the first two books are solved, I didn't really care. I had kind of figured out the question from book one once talk of the red tablets started to occur.

In these books, the covers represent the three pills that each person had to carry in the Society. Matched was green. The green pill calmed people. Cassia with help from her grandpa, never took it. Crossed was blue. The blue pill was to help keep you alive, but when actually it made you go still and could kill you. Reached is red. The red pill makes you forget what the society wants you to forget. In each book, we see how Cassia deals and battles through the affects of these pills.

This book also left questions open in regard to other land that is brought up for the first time in this book, but you don't really find out if it is true or not. I guess we get to make up our own assumption for that.

All in all, this book is a Maybe, I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either. Matched set the bar high, and these last two just didn't reach it for me.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a word, leave a line, I would love to hear what you have to say.

Latest Instagrams

© The Shelf Life. Design by FCD.