Day of War

January 21, 2013

I came across Day of War by Cliff Graham while browsing the book store. The cover caught my attention and decided to give it a try. I knew nothing about this book, but I'm glad I picked it up.

Day of War is set during the time of David, from the Old Testament, after he slayed Goliath, but before he became king. I didn't know much about David during his time on the run from King Saul. I knew there are many Psalms out from his laments during that time, but I had no idea the military campaign he was in during that time, nor the fact he had a band of hardened warriors who fought with him. The elite special forces of the time. There are only two chapters in the whole Bible for these men. It was very interesting reading on something I didn't know much about. I really want to research this time more.

Day of War was a very fast read. There was a lot of action that just kept you in the story. And as the author notes, this book isn't any bloodier then the Bible itself is. So, if your interested in reading it, just know that there is war and some description of war during the time and the injuries that were inflected on the battle field. This is a to read! I'm looking forward to picking up the second book.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a word, leave a line, I would love to hear what you have to say.

Latest Instagrams

© The Shelf Life. Design by FCD.