Kid Favorite Friday

June 14, 2013

It's time again for Kid Favorite Friday.

The kiddo's reading choices this week, like usual is a wide variety, but they are fun for me to read to her.

 Mary Engelbreit's Nutcracker has become the kiddo's favorite book. As you can see, it can be June and can be a top pick. The kiddo loves Christmas and this book lets her have a little bit of that throughout the year. The story of the Nutcracker was transferred to this book very well. The pictures are bright and fun and they enhance the story beautifully!
 Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne isn't just a kid favorite, but also a classic. I had never read the original Winnie-the-Pooh before having a kid, I only knew Disney's Winnie the Pooh. I'm glad that the kiddo loves this story, it's interesting to see the difference between the original and Disney's version. I will say, this book did make my dyslexic mind need to focus harder...Pooh bear has a tendency to ramble.
The kiddo is slowly getting into the American Girl series. Meet Molly by Valerie Tripp is the only book she has really connected to in the series so far. However, I don't think it is solely for the story, but for what happens in the story and the pictures that accompaniment it. I think the American Girl series is a good stepping stone to introduce the kiddo to chapter books. And it doesn't hurt that this series is something I can pass down to her.






Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a word, leave a line, I would love to hear what you have to say.

Latest Instagrams

© The Shelf Life. Design by FCD.