Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'm Thankful For

November 22, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. 
Each week features a book related topic that offers the opportunity to spotlight your Top Ten. 

Topic:
Books you are thankful for! 

There are actually many books I am thankful for. As a child, I had issues reading, I am dyslexic and have a processing disorder. So, it made reading very difficult. Once I had the tutoring and teaching I needed to help over come and work with and around the issues, I was able to dive into reading with a passion. My Grandpa, Mom, and Aunt all helped me in finding books that I loved, so because of them, there are many books I am thankful for. 


 Charlotte's Web, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe were bought for me when I was first learning to read and they hold a place in my heart. The Little House Series and Love Comes Softly Series were both given to me as gifts after I had become stable in reading and they were the first real novels I devoured. Mara: Daughter of the Nile was the first school book I enjoyed. The books by Stephen Bly opened up the world of Christian fiction for me. If I hadn't read his stories, it would have taken me longer to find the books I love now. 

You may be wondering why you see Twilight on my list. I went through a rough patch and hadn't read a book in a few years. This series helped me get back into reading. From there I read Harry Potter and Outlander. These stories got me back into reading and I'm thankful for that. 



What are you thankful for this week?

1 comment

  1. Lots of great picks on this list, Kate. Of course, the Narnia series is one that I adore. In fact, seeing it on your list reminds me: I have as yet to finish this series! Best finish those soonish because the ones I did read were amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a word, leave a line, I would love to hear what you have to say.

Latest Instagrams

© The Shelf Life. Design by FCD.