Fall into Reading Read-a-Thon: Day 2 Update & Challenge

September 23, 2013

Day 2 of the Fall into Reading Read-a-Thon, hosted by The Bibliophile Sisters.


Yesterday was the first day of the read-a-thon and I think it has started off well!

Update:
Sunday Sep. 22nd
Pages Read: 264
Books Completed: 1
Currently Reading: City on Fire: A Novel on Pompeii by Tracy L. Higley

Challenge:

We are going to do a fall poem challenge. Basically, write a little poem about fall.

Ok, I haven't written a poem in quite a long while...but, here it goes.

The Beauty of Fall

Bright blue sky,
crisp and cool breeze.
Ducks start to fly,
a head of the coming freeze.

The colors of the trees change to yellow, orange, red.
Hot apple cider in hand,
and oh my, pumpkin bread.
Sadly this beautiful time slips away like sand.

 The time for enjoyment is here.
With a book close by,
it's easy to be happy this time of the year.
And with that, I now must say, good-bye.

It's not my best work, but it will have to do.
What would you poem about Fall be like?

4 comments

  1. What a nice poem :) You're really good at this!

    The best I could think of was *Ahem* - I love fall, I feel so small next to the trees that are really tall... y'all? -_-

    Ugh! I need to work on it.. LOL!

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poem and nice progress on your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crystal, thank you. It's been a long while.
    I like yours! Y'all works perfectly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abbi, thanks! I'm enjoying the reading. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a word, leave a line, I would love to hear what you have to say.

Latest Instagrams

© The Shelf Life. Design by FCD.