Waiting on Wednesday: Carolina Gold

October 30, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. Each week you are able to spotlight the up and coming releases you are looking forward to!

Waiting On:
Title: Carolina Gold
Author: Dorothy Love
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: December 10th, 2013

Synopsis:
From GoodReads
The war is over, but her struggle is just beginning.

Charlotte Fraser returns to her late father’s once-flourishing rice plantation on the Waccamaw River, determined to continue growing the special kind of rice known as Carolina Gold. But Fairhaven Plantation is in ruins, the bondsmen are free, and money is scarce.

To make ends meet, Charlotte reluctantly accepts a position as tutor to the young daughters of Nicholas Betancourt, heir to the neighboring Willowood Plantation. Then Nick’s quest to prove his ownership of Willowood sends Charlotte on a dangerous journey that reveals an old family mystery—and threatens all that she holds dear.

Inspired by the life of a 19th century woman rice planter, CAROLINA GOLD continues Dorothy Love’s winning tradition of weaving together mystery, romance, and rich historical detail, bringing to life the story of one young woman’s struggle to restore her ruined world.

Why I'm Waiting:
I love historical fiction, especially that set during or right after the Civil War. That time just hooks me and the synopsis has be interested to see how this story will turn out!

What are you waiting on this week?

7 comments

  1. I'm not big fan of historical fiction.:( But I hope you will love this book.


    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't love a good historical fiction?! I can't wait to read your review of this in December because it sounds like a great read! Great WOW post, check mine out http://www.thefictionfairy.com/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not really sure if this one is for me but I hope you enjoy reading it.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm obsessed with Historical Fiction, so glad I get to add this to my TBR pile. Great pick! :)

    Our WoW
    Andy @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really good. Great pick!

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-unwept/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glass, thanks! Everyone has their genre. Hope you enjoy yours! That what counts. :-)

    The Fiction Fairy, Thanks! I'm looking forward to it. :-)

    Shane, Thanks for stopping by!

    Martina, Thanks! Hope you enjoy your WOW!

    Andy, I'm a big historical fiction fan. There is so much to choose fun, it's great!

    Olena, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just finished today and I was reading reviews. I give it a 4 star.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a word, leave a line, I would love to hear what you have to say.

Latest Instagrams

© The Shelf Life. Design by FCD.